Things I Wish I had Learned BEFORE I Began Working with Other People
I have been working in the spiritual healing field for over ten years now. And it has been a wild, crazy and at times wacky adventure. I have learned a lot from the Gaia School of Hard Knocks for Healers, Lightworkers and Starseeds and I hope by sharing some of my insights that it will help you.
1. When I began healing, I would attend lots of classes, receive lots of certificates and I really felt and bought into the illusion that I could actually heal others by doing something in a certain way, order and manner. I now know that all healing comes from the Creator and the soul of the client and that the most valuable thing I can offer others is to create and hold a safe space for healing.
2. I used to blame and beat up on myself when I could not help other people to heal. Now I know that it is the responsibility of the client to heal themselves. I do the best I can for people and let go of an attachment to the outcome. I now realize that people often create imbalances to learn and grow.
3. I used to believe that I could help heal anyone no matter what they were experiencing. I now understand that each person is different energetically and each person is open to receive healing in different ways. We each have healing styles and preferences.
4. I used to believe that I could help heal others through learning new things and by healing through knowledge. I now feel that all true healing takes place heart to heart and that the mind interferes with healing more than it helps.
5. I used to feel that it was OK to take on other people’s stuff at times to help them or to save and rescue other people or to monitor other people’s response to healing by tapping into what they experience through feeling it in my body. Now I realize that I need to create and maintain strong, healthy energetic boundaries between me and my clients and that I can help them more if I am as detached, clear and neutral energetically as I can be.
6. I used to feel that healing was serious, hard and difficult and that there was no gain without some pain or healing crisis. Now I realize that healing can be easy, effortless and that the best healing of all occurs with ease and grace – creating a new set point of optimal health and well being that is transparent to the client.
7. I used to feel that it was OK to send energy to other people even if they did not ask for it. Now I pray instead and try to honor the free will life choices of others as much as I can.
8. I used to approach healing from a mental space of doing. Now I approach healing from a heart-oriented space of being.
9. I used to do stuff. Now I ask the Creator to do stuff.
10. I used to feel that it was more important for me to take care of others rather than myself. Now I know that I can help others more when I take care of myself. I am still working on this but making progress.
11. I used to feel my client’s life challenges as different from my own. Now I realize I attract people who reflect back to me my own challenges. I now ask for stuff in me that gets triggered when I am working with others to be cleared and healed by the Creator throughout a healing session.
12. I used to feel and think that other people’s healing modalities were better than my own. I now know that I will only be happy when I do what I came here to do.
13. I used to struggle about pricing and charging for healing. Now I realize that I need to charge appropriate prices to reach the people I am meant to connect with.
14. I used to believe that it is easier to heal others than it is to heal myself. Heavy sigh and I still do but I HOPE one day to change…
15. I used to believe that core soul issues had many layers and it had to be released over time. I now believe that healing can be instantaneous if we are open to that possibility and our souls have learned what they can from that challenge.
16. I used to feel that it was the responsibility of the healer to figure out what needs to be healed. Now I ask for help at the start of the session rather than waiting for me to get stuck.
17. I used to feel that healers who saw things clairvoyantly or channeled great information were superior to people like me who feel stuff and know stuff. Now I realize we each have different energetic setups and ways of connecting with universal mind and all ways work when we come from a space of authenticity.
18. I used to think that I did not need to set intent or energetic protection before working with other people. Now I always ask for karma to be healed and for the session to be aligned with the highest good of all and support the spiritual evolution of each being with ease and grace. And I don’t have to spend hours clearing myself after a session any more like I used to.
Healer Support Package
Many of my clients are healers and when I was meditating about how I could best serve them I got that I should create some sound healing mp3 audio recordings to support healers. When I meditated on this, I came up with seven ideas for recordings:
Although I created these recordings to specifically help healers, I get that everyone can benefit from them. They include a lot of energies and frequencies to help people to heal themselves as well as others so they are a great resource or tool for self healing. After I recorded these sound healing tracks, I got that they needed to be packaged together and sold as a unit so I am offering this Healer Support Package for just $97.
About Energy Healing Facilitator Bill Austin:
Bill Austin is a spiritual healing facilitator, spiritual teacher, artist, writer and visionary living in St Petersburg, Florida in the United States. Bill specializes in distance healing, spiritual growth, healing art and healer training. He is the founder of several energy healing modalities. He has trained healers in over sixteen countries and has helped people from all over the world to heal, grow, succeed and realize more of their full potential. Bill infuses healing and enlightenment energies into healing art images and has created a line of self help books. You can click on this link to download a free Vibrational Color Healing Art E-book. He offers a number of free energy healing resources on the freespiritualhealing.com web site.